Fully Implantable Method
Fully implantable method of limb lengthening is the most advanced and the most comfortable method for height increase. There is no need for pin site care; the chance of infection significantly decreases. This new technique provides better and more tolerable post-operative treatment for patients undergoing limbs lengthening. In comparison with any external fixation technique, fully implantable method avoids of limitation of muscle function in process of treatment. Restoration of joint ROM and gait obtained more easily and smoothly.
Fully implantable method is much less painful, in comparison with any external fixation technique; patients are very relaxed and comfortable in process of treatment. However, since today available devices made from titanium do not provide full weight bearing, we do not implement this method to increase height for aesthetic reason.
- Fully Implantable Method
- Lengthening and then nailing (LATN)
- Cross-Lateral Tibia-Femur Lengthening
- Lengthening Over the Intramedullary Nail (LON)
- Simultaneous Tibias Lengthening
- Tibias Simultaneous Lengthening Double Cut
- Limb Lengthening Pin site care (Prevention of Infection)
- Limb Lengthening Physical Therapy
- Treatment of “X”-Type Curve
- Treatment of “O”-Type Curve