Lengthening and then nailing (LATN)
According to most sources, the LATN method has a lower rate of infection complications than the LON method; but in our center we have the same, very low rate of deep infection complications, because of our pin site care protocol.
The LATN technique requires a more rigid frame; more wires and half the pins that limit soft tissue mobility and so requires more intensive physical therapy to avoid limitation of the joints ROM. But when lengthening is complete, the LATN method allows to insert a full measure, larger diameter nail, for greater stability.
- Lengthening and then nailing (LATN)
- Cross-Lateral Tibia-Femur Lengthening
- Lengthening Over the Nail
- Tibias Simultaneous Lengthening Single Cut
- Tibias Simultaneous Lengthening Double Cut
- Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Services | YCLLR
- Limb Lengthening Pin site care (Prevention of Infection)
- Limb Lengthening Physical Therapy
- Limb Lengthening Treatment of “X”-Type Curve
- Limb Lengthening Treatment of “O”-Type Curve